Friday, July 16, 2010
Action Research and Me
Wow, where do I begin. Action research and I first came together about a week ago. Although I felt that I have known about it a lot longer, my feelings were confirmed. I had actually done action research without even knowing it. So what do I think... I feel that as a leader it is crucial to the success of your program. For too long we have heard about research and thought, that it was something you did in the library, report your findings, then file it away. The thing about action research is the in the title... Action! You actually have to do something with your findings. It's that twist on the same ol' research we've done for years. Now, the big question that seems to be on everyone's mind is when do we have time to do this. Well, we must find time for it or take a step back and realize you may be doing it and did not even know it! Action research seems to be an essential in the success or failure in any plan. We must know if what we are doing actually works. Action research helps us to recommit to the plan. It keeps us interested, willing and hopefully able to keep trying. We cannot be afraid to examine the data or ask the questions about what is happening at our school. We just might find a better way. Or we may find we've been doing it the best way already. Either way it ultimately benefits kids and creates a better school climate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment